June 05, 2010

Chicken Cordon Bleu, Sauteed Asparagus & Roasted Fingerling Potatoes with Dill

Last night dinner was great, but not completely my doing. I am currently feeling like complete hell, I've got a head cold and sore throat and along with that apparently comes an ear infection. I wasn't really up for creating something elaborate, so I resorted to help from the meat market.


The photos I took are from my phone, I couldn't find my camera, they will be better from now on.

Here are the chicken breasts cooking in my toaster oven (the greatest invention ever!). I use the toaster oven for things like chicken breasts and pork chops when I don't want to heat up the whole apartment.

IMAG0034


The fingerling potatoes with butter and dill cooking.

IMAG0031



The asparagus cooking.

IMAG0028


The completed plate.

IMAG0036

Everything was delicious. The asparagus cooked down a bit more than I had wanted, but it tasted awesome. The chicken cordon bleu (which was pre-stuffed at the market) was tasty, a bit too salty but still really good. The crispy cheese bits that oozed out while cooking were the best part. Lastly the potatoes were delicious! Turns out fresh dill compliments fingerling potatoes and butter extremely well, I will definitely be making those potatoes again as soon as I can get away with it. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment