June 05, 2010

I think I could watch Julie & Julia ten thousand times and not get tired of it. I wish I had the writing skills to do what she did (and the money, French cooking is expensive!).

Still being sick I wanted to make something for dinner tonight that would please both me and my husband who comes home from his miserably soul crushing job every night to a miserable sick wife, he deserves a good meal. Vichyssoise it is! Something that takes few ingredients, is fairly inexpensive and can be thrown together way ahead of time (in fact has to be in order to cool in time to be eaten) and will be cool and soothing on my throat.

So the leeks, onion and potatoes have been sliced, sauteed and are now simmering in chicken stock. Soon I will get out my stick blender and blend away until the combination resembles nothing close to its starting components.

Can't. Wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment